We are an accredited, two-year institution of higher education established as a part of a statewide system of community colleges. We primarily serve the residents of the cities of Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson, and Williamsburg, and the counties of James City and York.
Serving the Virginia Peninsula
We provide financially accessible, high quality, comprehensive educational programs and services to meet the educational needs of citizens of all ages and to support the economic development of the Commonwealth. We offer:
- Associate degree programs to prepare individuals for careers as technical and paraprofessional workers
- Associate degree programs to prepare individuals for transfer, as upper-division students, to baccalaureate degree programs at four-year institutions
- student development services to assist individuals with decisions regarding occupational, educational, and personal goals
- continuing education programs, including credit and non-credit courses, seminars and workshops for individuals who wish to continue or expand their learning experiences
- cultural and educational opportunities for the community
Changing lives, it's our mission
We change lives, empower students to succeed, and enhance the civic vitality of our community through high quality education, workforce training, excellent services, and innovative partnerships.
Your support ensures our students' success
Your generous support directly impacts the lives of our students by funding a number of important areas including athletics, programs, scholarships, and more.