Students will gain information about financial aid, degrees and academic planning, campus resources, navigating online systems, and more.
New Student Orientation is a program for all students, including Early College and transfer students.
Orientation sessions will be delivered via Zoom or in-person.
- Summer and Fall dates will be announced soon!for New Student Orientation
Family and Student Supporter Orientation
This is a special session just for the family and supporters of VPCC students.
While your student attends New Student Orientation, you’ll get information about college services that can help your student succeed and answers to questions about financial aid, accessibility services, FERPA, and more.
- Fall dates will be announced soon!
Things you can check off your list while waiting for orientation
- Apply for Admissions
- Complete the FAFSA to apply for Financial Aid.
- Check your VCCS e-mail account regularly and your "To Do" list through the myVPCC portal for requests and news from Financial Aid.
- Enroll in classes
- Make a plan for payment (if needed)
- Apply for VPCC Foundation Scholarships
- Set up an appointment with your advisor (not required, but recommended)
- Using VA benefits? Get in touch with Military and Veterans Services.
- Transferring in credit? Make sure you’ve taken steps to let us know.