The Student Government Association (SGA) represents the interests of all students at Virginia Peninsula Community College which includes students from the Southeast Center, Hampton, and Historic Triangle campuses.
SGA officers and representatives serve on college committees, oversee student clubs and organizations, represent student concerns, and work with the Office of Student Life and Leadership to provide services and activities for students.
The Student Government Association (SGA) is an inclusive community, we invite and welcome all students!
2023-2024 SGA OFFICERS AND STUDENT SENATE
2023-2024 SGA OFFICERS
- President - Tiye' K. Smith
- Vice President, Hampton Campus - Faith Beckles
- Vice President, Williamsburg Campus - Comfort Akpan
- Secretary/Treasurer - Gianella Loten
- Speaker of the Student Senate - Larissa Smart
2023-2024 STUDENT SENATORS
Larissa Smart (Speaker of the Senate)
Hampton Campus Senators
- Justin Choi
- Gabrielle Lawson
- Caroline Morris
- Tempest Woodard
- Kadisia Archer email@example.com
- Leo Keneally firstname.lastname@example.org
WANTED: STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION SENATORS
Student Senators may earn a $100 Community Service Scholarship for 15 work hours. Applications are currently being accepted. Click here to complete the application.
Click the link to review the SGA Constitution:
SGA Campus Offices
SGA Meetings - Held on the first and third Fridays at 1:00 pm
Join the Student Government Association (SGA) meeting with the Student Senate and Executive Officers to discuss upcoming events and issues that impact Virginia Peninsula students on our campuses and within our communities. The SGA is the "Voice of the Students" so please take advantage of the opportunity to let us hear your voice!
All students are invited and welcome to attend!
STANDING SGA COMMITTEES:
- Judicial Committee (2 student reps)
- SGA - Judicial Council (3 student reps)
- SGA -Elections Committee (2 student reps)
- Student Hearing Panel (3 student reps)
- College Enrollment Team (1 student rep)
- Communications and Marketing Committee (2 student reps)
- Technology Steering Committee (1 student rep)
- Committee on diversity, Equity, inclusion and Cultural Competence (2 student reps)