Established in 2012 in honor of Safehaven president Ms. Lois Furick.
- Be enrolled at VPCC on a full or part-time basis; and
- Be a resident of the College's service area; and
- Demonstrate current or prior foster care status; or
- Demonstrate a history of service to at risk children in the community, (a letter from a pastor, principal or community leader is recommended); or
- Be pursuing a course of study that provides opportunity for serving at risk children in the community; and
- Be in good academic standing at VPCC or transferring institution.