Credit2Careers and Transfer Credit


Your experience counts. At Virginia Peninsula Community College (VPCC), we believe that military experience, education and training should translate, whenever possible, into academic credit that can help you achieve your educational and career goals.

Credits2Careers, Virginia's Community Colleges' academic and career portal, is a personalized tool that will provide current and prospective military and veteran students the ability to:

  • Explore academic degree programs offered by all 23 community colleges.
  • Instantly get an estimate of potential credits from their military education, experience, and training.
  • Personalized exploration of civilian careers related to their military training and specialties; personal interests; or recommended by interest evaluations.
  • Receive real time employment information to assist military and veteran students make informed post-secondary decisions.

Start evaluating your military experience for college credit at

Transfer Credits

To request an official transfer credit evaluation:

  • complete and submit a Request for Transfer Evaluation form to the Admissions, Records, and Registration Office, Room 208 Griffin Hall on the Hampton campus, or the Office of Student Services, Room 117 at the Historic Triangle campus.
  • An official transcript must be on file from each institution previously attended; transcripts should be sent directly from each institution to the Admissions Office.
  • Service Members & Veterans: Be sure to have your Joint Services Transcript or Community College of the Air Force transcripts sent for evaluation.
  • The evaluation process can take 10-12 weeks to complete, with priority given to currently enrolled students.

The College accepts credits for courses completed with a grade of “C” or better at other institutions where the courses are equivalent to Virginia Peninsula Community College courses as determined by the College. Courses meeting these criteria from institutions that are accredited by a regional accrediting body (such as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) are normally accepted. Courses from all other institutions are considered on a case-by-case basis. Transfer credit will not be awarded for courses completed with a grade of “D” or “Pass/Fail”. It must be emphasized that the appropriateness of transfer credits to a particular degree program is dependent upon approval and acceptance by the division dean or designee in the student’s program.